Course Content Covers:
- How pregnancy impacts the mum’s body, her health, her pelvic floor muscles and exercise.
- How the pelvic floor muscles are impacted throughout the 3 trimesters.
- Health risks to look out for during her training along with clear direction on safely training a pregnant mum.
- Discussion & Practical time, covering:
– Various challenging exercises throughout the pregnancy,
– Great alternatives
– Adaptions for common pregnancy health challenges to help keep the mum moving and in the best condition for childbirth.
- The impact of childbirth on her body – looking into C-section and vaginal deliveries.
- How pelvic floor muscles are impacted from childbirth (deeper into prolapse, pelvic floor disfunction including incontinence).
- Understanding diastasis recti (ab separation): the potential causes, how to check for DR and help improve deep core integrity.
- How to activate the deep core muscles: empowering the coach to instruct on how to use the deep core during exercise and daily life
- Details on doming/ coning and how to avoid it.
- How hormones (Relaxin, the cycle, Perimenopause, Menopause) impact a woman’s body during exercise; what to look out for and how to adapt to get the best out of her for her training.
- Discussion & practical time, covering:
– Various challenging exercises for both new and seasoned mums with an abundance of great alternatives to offer (with HIIT, strength, agility etc.) to help them train hard and safe.
The practical elements are designed to help each attendee to be able to put in to practise what has been taught, and, to help you understand and be able to adjust the programmed exercises on the fly – confidently and without delay.
Hands on Practical Training
Detailed Slide Handouts for note taking
how to easily implement with clients
Questions to ask CLIENTS to support them better
F45 KumeuWe were lucky enough to have the one and only Kirstyn Campbell fromKC Fit in to take us through her Pre, Postnatal & Pelvic Floor workshop.Trainers aren’t taught this stuff when they become qualifiedLeaking is really really common but NOT normal so should be avoided!!Pregnant, postnatal, years down the track – we can adapt your training to avoid injury, and get you stronger from the inside out.Train your client to the weakest link no matter what it is.“We could not recommend this course more, since completing this workshop we now feel more confident and comfortable in training our female clients safely and effectively in the studio”
F45 Hobsonville & Taupo
THANKS SO MUCH TO THE AMAZING KC Fit
FOR HELPING OUT THE TEAM TODAY! we have learned so much and cannot wait to use it in our training and teach our members!
Who should do this course
Trainers who deal with female clients
Health Professionals that deal with female clients
Enquire now to book your spot
Hi, I'm Kirstyn Campbell the Founder of KC Fit and KC Fit @ HOME
I’m mum of 2 adorable kids, wife to one cheeky husband, and I’m darn driven and passionate about training women safely & effectively for their body. Teaching mum’s how to repair their body to get as fit and strong as they’d like with strong core foundations.
After injuring my core through exercise, I re trained to specialize in pre and postnatal exercise and women’s pelvic floor health and haven’t stopped to stay current. I have confidently coached mums on how to exercise with your deep core – kicking their butt safely and effectively since 2016.
Some of my qualifications are: Exercise Level 3 & 4, Safe Return to Exercise (pre & postnatal exercise). Modern Pregnancy Exercise, 6 Step Restore you Core and Pelvic Floor, Pelvic Floor Focus Continence NZ, Pre and Post Natal Exercise.
I’m REPS registered (NZ Register of Exercise Professionals), being part of a body that I’m accountable to is important to me
“Society expects us women to have children. Then when we do, our bodies are expected to look and function as though we haven’t.”
I’m interested in empowering mums to learn how to love themselves from the inside out, to show them their self-worth in the season of life they’re in. To enjoy the quality of life they’d like, without the embarrassment of leaking or a pooch. To be the best version of themselves, not comparing or trying to match-up up to the pressures, false images and expectations in social media.
I’m driven to remove the shame of a mum’s body, rather encourage them to wear their mum badges with pride. Enabling them to be healthy, happy and confident in their own skin. The strongest and fittest they’ve ever been, enjoying the quality of life they deserve – with, of course – leak free laughter!